Sunday, August 23, 2009

Shahista Idris Liya!



The time i was carrying Abu, i think i was 4 months in to my pregnancy, my ex husbands little sister was getting ready for her marriage. The whole family was getting ready, me too as that was the first time after i became a part of my ex husbands family a function was taking place. So all preparation was being made for all of us to go to Porbandar, India where the wedding would take place and i was excited as that was also the first time i was going to visit the village my ex husbands family hailed from. The plan was that my mother in law and Shahista (the bride to be then), my father in law and my other sister in law and kids would go to India from Sri Lanka 3 weeks prior to the wedding and my self and my husband would go there few days before the wedding.

But close to the departure of my in laws they had trouble getting their visa to India, so i took all of their passports and went and stood out side the Indian Embassy in Sri lanka, got an appointment with the officer in charge and explained the situation and the need for the visa's to be issued.......... He was kind enough to issue the visa's immediately as he saw a pregnant lady standing there alone for hours. Now when i think back i dont remember being thanked! Lol, well i guess it did not matter then and still does not as i would have done anything for my family.
I remember the wedding so well! It was nice and i thought that i was finally being accepted as one of them. But i have always been wrong when it came to my husband or his family. I have done all I can for that family a specially been there for my sister in Law Shahista and my Mother in Law, in many ways they may not remember. I have looked after their interest and been both their elder brother and elder brother’s wife as my ex never did anything for them. I have always given up on things I wanted to make sure they had what they want! Even my parents have done so……………….. I was living in denial, and my stupidity has put my only child in pain today! What would be going on in Abu’s mind now? how confused he must be? why is my mother not here with me? where is amma? when is amma coming?

Oh please oh god, help me find my son! forgive me for living in denial! I realize things now, I see people for what they are! Please bring my son back to me! Please bring Abu back to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment